Neymar is a Brazilian international football who is popularly known for his dribbling and goal-scoring skills.
The Brazil international has won many trophies in his trophy cabinet starting from his first club, Santos he signed his first professional football contract.
However, despite being ranked among other top football icons like Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, most football fans do not know Neymar’s full name, rather they know him as Neymar and Neymar Jr.
So, in this article, I will be sharing relevant information regarding Neymar Jnr’s full name.
Neymar’s Full Name
Neymar or Neymar Jnr’s full name is Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior. The name is a Portuguese name with “Neymar” translated into “Not Obtainable” in the English language. The Portuguese name is also said to have been derived from two planet bodies, Neptune and Mars, hence, making it a unique name.
Furthermore, The Brazilian was born in Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil on 5th February 1992, and inherited “Silva” in his name from his maternal family and “Santos” from his paternal family.
Since childhood, Neymar has always kept his head high as he keeps on pushing through his success in soccer. The player has played alongside big football names such as Lionel Messi and has also won some major awards and titles in football such as best player of the Season, Champions League, La Liga, FIFA Club World Cup, FIFA Confederations Cup, and other major awards and titles.
Well, the Brazil International could have achieved less than what he has already achieved in football if not for the help of Luiz Suarez and Lionel Messi during his days at Barcelona.
At Barcelona, Neymar, Luiz Suarez, and Lionel Messi were known as the “MSN” trio that consistently achieved major awards, titles, and honors in football.
Neymar da Silva Santos Junior is one of the footballers with almost a complete and beautiful football career even if most football fans can not explain how the Brazil International football career started.
Here is it, Neymar Jnr started playing football at an early age before signing a professional contract in Santos, Brazil in 2009. Santos spotted Neymar very early and signed him as a youth in 2003, only for the player to sign a professional contract in 2009, and made his professional debut on March 7, 2009.
However, his professional contract at Santos lasted till 2013, when he left Brazil for Barcelona, Spain. At Barcelona, he joined a trio with Suarez and Messi, which ended him with a total of 105 goals in 186 appearances. His major achievements such as the Champions League title, FIFA Club World Cup, and others were won during his stay at Barcelona.
Well, having left Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) in 2016 – 2017, he broke the record of the most expensive player. At PSG, Neymar has helped his team reach the Champions League final, scored 118 goals in 173 appearances, and won Ligue 1 multiple times, alongside other major titles in the league.
Neymar’s Football Achievement
One of the greatest achievements in European football is winning the Champions League title which Neymar Jr has won. Not just winning the Champions League title but Neymar da Silva Santos has his name attached to other major honors and awards at the club and international level.
However, below are Neymar’s football achievements –
- Campeonato Paulista: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Copa do Brasil: 2010
- Copa Libertadores: 2011
- Recopa Sudamericana: 2012
- La Liga: 2014 -15, 2015 -16
- Copa del Rey: 2014 -15, 2015 -16, 2016 -17
- Supercopa de España: 2013
- UEFA Champions League: 2014 – 15
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2015
- Ligue 1: 2017 – 18, 2018 – 19, 2019 – 20, 2021 – 22
- Coupe de France: 2017-18, 2019 – 20, 2020 – 21
- Coupe de la Ligue: 2017-18, 2019 -20
- Trophée des Champions: 2018, 2020, 2022
- South American U-20 Championship: 2011
- Summer Olympics: 2016;
- Summer Olympics, runner-up: 2012
Brazil Senior National Team
- FIFA Confederations Cup: 2013]
- Copa América runner-up: 2021
- Bola de Ouro Hors Concours: 2012
- Bola de Ouro: 2011
- Bola de Prata: 2010, 2011
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Best Player: 2011
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Team of the Year: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Chuteira de Ouro: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Copa América Team of the Tournament: 2021
- Copa Libertadores Most Valuable Player: 2011
- ESM Team of the Year: 2017 – 18
- FIFA Club World Cup Bronze Ball: 2011
- FIFA Confederations Cup Bronze Shoe: 2013
- FIFA Confederations Cup Dream Team: 2013
- FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Ball: 2013
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2015, 2017
- FIFA Puskás Award: 2011
- FIFA World Cup Bronze Boot: 2014
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014
- IFFHS CONMEBOL Team of the Decade: 2011 – 2020
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2017
- La Liga Best World Player: 2014 – 15
- La Liga Player of the Month: November 2015
- Samba Gold: 2014, 2015, 2017, 2020, 2021
- South American Footballer of the Year: 2011, 2012
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2014 – 15, 2019 – 20, 2020 – 21
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2015, 2020
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: January 2020, August 2022
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2017 – 18
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2017 – 18, 2018 – 19, 2020 – 21
- World Soccer Young Player of the Year: 2011
Neymar’s Wealth and Sponsorships
Neymar Jnr also makes the list of players with the most sponsorships. The player started signing sponsorship deals since his reputation level was noticed from the age of 17.
One of the major deals that he signed is with an American sportswear company, Nike, although the deal ended in August 2020 after a Nike employee a sexual assault complaint against him. He signed a sponsorship deal with a German company, Puma in March 2011.
However, in 2012, France football ranked the Brazil International as the 13th richest player with total earnings of $18.8 million for the previous 12 months. Since then, Neymar has featured in many sponsorship deals alongside other superstars such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Luis Suarez, and others.
Kenny is an experienced blogger and sports writer who majors in soccer articles amongst other trending niches. Do well to stay updated with his updates and that of his team of editors on Readsoccer.